Collect several good essay ideas related to the field of personal interest à Take notes during the process of research à Develop an outline à Make a draft à Revise & submit a final paper to the teacher.
Sounds easy? This simple example is enough to get an overall idea of how to write a process essay. It does not matter whether a writer describes and explains a long-lasting process or a short action. It would be a process analysis essay.
GRAB YOUR PERSONAL WRITER
If you want to understand how to write a process essay, the best solution is turning for help to the professional academic essay writers with a rich writing experience. Another option is to review this article, which contains everything a student should know before writing an academic essay of this type.
What Is a Process Essay?
Before learning how to write a process essay of A level, it is critical to define the term. A process analysis essay refers to the type of academic writing, which contains a detailed description of the particular process in the shape of the step-by-step guide. This form of essay is popular in business & technical writing too. Some of the best examples of process essays include:
- Instruction/owner’s manual
- User’s guide
- “How to…” articles
- Security instructions
The student should test the process himself before writing instruction or manual. It would be the best answer to the question, “What is a process essay?”
How to Write a Process Essay: Outline, Introduction, Body, & Conclusion
Process Essay Outline
There is not much to say about the process essay outline because the structure repeats the steps required to complete a certain procedure. Having an outline is helpful in any situation associated with academic writing. Put down every stage in chronological order. Once the student has an outline, he/she may later add some details depending on the process development to come up with the whole body. The structure is common:
- Introduction paragraph (mention the process to discuss)
- Body paragraphs (list the stage and provide details)
- Conclusion (specify what the expected outcome should be + share some success indicators)
The length of the essay depends on whether the chosen procedure is time-consuming or not. Do not pick something extra fast not to have a few-sentences essay in the end.
Process Essay Introduction
It does not matter whether the essay is describing the way to get chocolate out of milk and coconuts, explaining the procedure of vaccination, or interpreting the steps required to write a book – it is important to identify the target audience from the start! If it is an average user, avoid difficult terms. In case you write to satisfy the curiosity of the advanced users, do not mind to include various professional terms to prove your competence in the chosen field.
Do not worry about the structure. The best thing about this type of academic assignment is that the step-by-step process itself provides a student with the correct structure. Still, experts recommend having an outline.
Start the opening paragraph by determining the analyzed procedure and share personal ideas on why this specific process is interesting & important to observe. It is not necessary to cover the history or background of the discussed procedure.
Example of Process Essay Paragraph
Do not include any details that do not relate to the process itself. If the required tools & equipment are rare, tell the reader some ways to get these resources. Write down the warnings about the possible safety hazards to prevent the reader from falling into the trap/injuring. Describing the steps alone might be dull. To enrich the writing, add the common mistakes to avoid (see example) and provide helpful tips to make the process simpler & quicker.
Add every step in chronological order with the help of clear words. If there are similar steps or those that can be performed at different stages, mention it to acknowledge the reader. To prevent confusing situations/failures, experts recommend subdividing the steps of especially long processes (example: Step 1A, 1B, etc.)
“A process analysis essay always uses the second person – “you.” It sounds more personal, and the reader trusts the writer. Be ready to apply a plenty of transitional words & phrases! They make the procedure description logical and clear to every reader. Try to insert different transitions to prevent the text from being repetitive. During the process of writing the instruction or manual, do the steps described in the text to check whether everything works the way it should before offering the same actions to the target audience.”
Professor Pryce, academic counselor and online writing tutors at NerdyMates
Writing Process Essay Conclusion
By the end of the instruction, the reader/user must be able to repeat the provided actions to activate the process or solve the problem alone. If the reader cannot do that, it means the writer failed to give clear, correct instructions.
Start the concluding paragraph with the short review of the entire process from A to Z - help the readers recall what they were doing, how long, and what the expected results should be. While the body paragraphs provide the detailed interpretation of each stage, a conclusion must contain a single short sentence summarizing every step of the process. It should look like the opening sentence of this article.
Keep in Mind Helpful Process Analysis Essay Tips
While writing this type of academic essay, recall these professional tips & tricks to earn A+!
- Say what you are doing to describe the action – it would be the paper’s topic, precise, clear, and educating. Narrow down the topic if it sounds broad. Example: Instead of calling the instruction “How to Install Windows” make it “How to Install Windows 10 on the most recent Asus models (name them).”
- Get ready with an outline, which is the structure of the essay.
- Name the requirements like the resources, equipment, instruments, stuff, skills, and knowledge the person will need to complete the process. If more than one person is required, mention it.
- Identify technical & professional terms in the text: In case the manual explains a procedure based on special, technical knowledge/skills, such as carpentry, it is better to include the definitions of the specific terms the reader might not know. If your teacher allows, enrich the essay with images, signs, graphs, and tables to explain the word.
- Each good instruction should contain warnings/cautions. List the possible threats & security hazards along with the obstacles the reader may face in the process. Use active voice in this part.
- Finish the manual/instruction with an explanation of what the person should be ready to obtain once the procedure is over (stress the importance of experiment). It is important to list the success factors. Example: “The cooked dumplings should not look tenderized/taste raw.
- Add images & more techniques to let the reader stick to the instructions simpler (for instance, “peach color” may be perceived as various textures by various individuals.”
It is time to discuss the best process analysis essay topics of school & college level!
ORDER PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY HERE
30 Stunning Process Essay Topics to Analyze!
Which would be a good topic for a process essay? If the teacher does not give a specific topic, it means the students got lucky to select the processes they know the best. It is a great idea to have a look at the examples of good topics shared by the top college students with our blog. Here we go!
Process Essay Topics for High School
- Fast & furious process of making homemade ice-cream to serve children's desires
- Step-by-step instruction to laundry services
- Making pizza with mozzarella, tomatoes, and sausages becomes easy with this manual
- Installing latest macOS High Sierra on older models of Mac
- Several steps to fix a hole in the wall once it needs a repair
- Simple ways to create & develop a successful character in “Sims”
- Washing the hair properly predetermines its health & overall appearance
- How to make a bob haircut?
- What about the steps to making pinatas for different holidays and special events?
- Is there a secret of organizing the best New Year Corporate Party in the world?
Process Essay Topics for College
- Things that would help a family to decorate its new house in empire style with the minimum financial investments
- Step-by-step instruction to using vehicle services like changing an automobile’s oil/washing a car
- Successful methods to conduct in-depth research to succeed in college writing
- How to prepare a powerful, eye-catching LinkedIn account to attract the best employers from the United States?
- What are the effective ways to become a country’s leader?
- What is the process of grading a college paper of a student?
- The process of vaccinating people from the medical perspective
- The way alcohol-addiction develop on the example of younger, unemployed male population
- Stages every business startup should pass to survive and become successful on the market
- Different phases children from overseas should pass to adapt in the United Kingdom
Interesting Process Essay Topics
- Professional approaches to formatting & editing articles to be published in the local newspapers/magazines/website blogs
- Several effective methods to get ready for the first job interview in the individual’s life
- Things to include in any dish with broccoli to make it taste delicious
- What is the process of launching an e-Commerce/online business?
- What is the process of hunting a wild deer & making a dish out of its meat?
- How do Hollywood celebrities get ready for the red carpet?
- Stages McDonald’s has passed to become world’s leading hamburger and fast food restaurant chain
- Secrets of looking stylish & fashionable having a limited budget
- Things movie directors do before starting to shoot the film
- What is the process of producing oxygen by particular plants?
Can I Get Some Interesting Process Essay Examples?
Here is one of the professional process essay examples shared by the college students who worked on a dental project to gain their PhDs.
Where Can I Get More Process Analysis Essay Topics?
A single example and a full list of topic ideas may be not enough. In case you have a desire to review more free samples of essays, a professional online writing service is ready to share them with every student in trouble. It is possible to find several good samples in the college library or archive where some of the most talented graduates keep their top works to share them with the modern generation. The smartest option is to find the essays written by the famous graduate authors. A student is a lucky one if he studies in the same college with a world’s known essay author. Students can find many examples of essays online by entering the necessary keywords.
Use this list of outstanding process essay topics whenever the teacher gives a right to choose a topic. What if a student still has problems with understanding an assignment? The best option then is to find the official academic company’s service, which offers custom essays & research papers on all possible topics in the world!
What Is a Process Essay
The process essay is, in simple terms, a HOW-TO essay. This type of paper serves to inform the reader on how something is done, i.e. teach him the steps for reaching a certain goal. The goal can be everything – starting from how something is built or manufactured, to how you cook a delicious meal.
A proper process essay should serve to lead its reader through the task and ensure certain success. In most cases, it is used to inform people who are new or inexperienced in the task.
In order to write a brilliant essay, you need to follow the traditional essay structure:
In the introduction the writer reveals the aim of the paper, leaving out the specific details for later. This part is much shorter than the body of the essay, providing the reader with basic background information, as well as the meaning of the discussed process and its life application.
Basically, the introduction of an essay serves to showcase why the reader needs this knowledge and what he should expect from the remaining of the paper.
How many body paragraphs you will have depends on the process stages? However, make sure that this part is not too lengthy or complex to understand. Each of the stages should be presented in a previously planned order, listing one stage in one paragraph.
In addition to this, the stages of your essay’s body should include the details that are necessary for the procedure to be completed properly, including the equipment and tools that need to be used, as well as the main difficulties and possible troubles the reader may experience in the process.
The conclusion paragraph is the shortest part of all three and serves to reveal the results of the process. In addition to this, the conclusion serves to summarize the idea of the guide, as well as provide the reader with a thesis restatement that reinforces the procedure’s significance.
How to Write a Process Essay Step by Step
Yes, the structure is similar for all essays, but the question still remains 'How to write a process essay'?
Writing a process essay is very simple, but only when you know the step-by-step approach that allows for crafting a brilliant paper. To help you out, we have created a list of things you should do before, while and after crafting the essay.
Step 1: Determine the Target Audience
Before you start writing, take the time to think who your audience is and what they expect from your paper. This will help you determine what you need to address, as well as what language to use while doing so.
Ask yourself the following question:
Is your audience educated in the topic? Do you need to provide them with some background, specific information?
Should you cover the basics only? Or should you also move onto the advanced things?
What language should you use in the essay?
Step 2: Create a List of Materials or Tools
A process essay discusses how a thing is done, and we all know that in order to do something, you need to use some materials or tools. Therefore, before you start writing, create a complete list of the tools or materials the reader will need to finish the task you are explaining.
Step 3: Make an Outline
If you have concluded research for this essay, write down notes as to what you are planning to include in the content. In most cases, a process essay will require that you go through the task yourself. This will help you write down the steps clearly as you go. If you use your memory to write this essay, you can easily neglect an important step or two.
Create a short outline that will include all this information and guide you through the writing process.
Step 4: Start Writing
Do not forget about the main structure – every essay must include an introduction, body and conclusion. In addition to this, implement these tricks and tips:
Draw the reader in with the introduction
Do not just rush into the writing. The essay must begin with a concise, yet creative introduction. The goal here is to create few sentences that draw the reader in.
Give the reader some clues
Provide the reader with some information about the length and complexity of the process you are about to discuss. And most importantly, do not forget about the small things. Mention everything the reader will need.
Use transitions between sections
Every section must connect to the next one. This allows you to point out to where one section ends, and another one begins, but also serves to provide the reader with nice thought flow.
Use the outline for guidance
Do not skip over steps. Your writing will be much easier if you follow the outline you created before. You do not have to follow them strictly. Mix them up, but make sure they are all included.
Group the steps in paragraphs
Generally, one paragraph should contain one-step of the process. Use grouping by time, ideas or chronologically. Basically, find the formula that will work best for your target audience.
Many of the readers wont' have done the task before. Therefore, make sure to provide them with any details you have in mind to ensure that the process runs smoothly. If you give them a crystal clear picture of what to do and what to expect, they will have much higher chances of succeeding in the task.
After all, if the reader cannot complete the task properly after reading your essay, it will be you who takes the blame for it.
Mention and describe the end product
In a process essay, the reader must know what the final result or product is, as well as what can be done with it. While wrapping up the conclusion, make sure to provide the reader with information of what they should have by the time the task is done.
The best way to do this is by providing them with detailed information that allows them to visualize the final product. In addition to this, you can offer some ideas for future action or steps to take. A completion of one task does not necessarily need to be the end of the process.
Reiterate and restate everything in the conclusion
Your conclusion must consist of a summary of everything you have said and achieved though the essay. This is hard to achieve, since conclusions need to consist of only few sentences or a single paragraph. Therefore, in an essay, you must make sure that you are summarizing everything, not repeating it.
This is another place to use your outline. Once you are done writing, come back to the outline and check if you included everything in the text. Keep in mind that the reader may be beginner, and make sure that the content is easy to understand and detailed enough for everyone to finish the task. With this type of paper, you should always avoid using flowery, complex language. Say everything you have to say as plainly as you can.
Take another look at the steps. You should not have too many steps since this can overwhelm the reader. You should not have too few, because this often indicates you have overlooked something. If not, you were probably describing a process that is too simple. Do all the modifications until you achieve the desired result.
When it comes to writing, it is never wrong to get some help. Even the best writing experts out there ask someone to proofread and edit their content. You following and checking your own content might not have the best results. Therefore, get a friend or a professional to test out your essay and point out to things you should change to improve it.
As you can see, writing a process essay is not as hard as you thought. Once you organize your ideas and thoughts, you can easily use the outline for writing a detailed, yet understandable paper. This paper does not require high academic language or flowery phrases – it is actually aimed to guide everyone through a process or a task. Therefore, as long as you follow our tips, you will be able to deliver a brilliant essay.
To help you out, we decided to provide you with some great process essay examples. Check them out and get an idea as to what this essay should look like.
Are you ready to start writing? Take your time and follow all the tips and tricks above. Good luck!