Bank Teller Cover Letter
Bank Tellers interact directly with customers and handle a variety of financial transactions. Duties range from cashing checks to performing payroll services. Their work needs to be extremely accurate, as they are responsible for ensuring that signatures are valid, verifying dates, processing loan information, ensuring correct cash balances, solving discrepancies, and comparing documents to verify customer identity.
The best sample cover letters for Bank Tellers make display of the following skills and qualifications:
- The ability to supervise other workers, for head tellers
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Customer focus and the ability to interact with all sorts of people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to perform tasks fast and accurately
- Computer competences and familiarity with financial software
- Holding at least a high school diploma
Similar assets are described in the Bank Teller example cover letter available below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Bank Teller Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Emmons:
When I learned of USA National Bank’s need for a Teller, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As an enthusiastic and driven professional with experience in providing comprehensive client financial account services while providing exceptional customer service, I stand in a prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives in this role.
During my career, I have gained key experience and knowledge in customer relationship management, banking product sales strategies, and general operational leadership. My demonstrated success in evaluating customer needs and requirements, along with training and motivating top-performing teams, positions me to make a significant impact on your financial institution.
Highlights of my experience include…
- More than seven years of experience as a Personal / Relationship Banker with Mountain Regional Credit Union, providing overarching support in account service / management, product cross-sales, customer needs assessment, and new business development.
- Performing a full range of customer account tasks, including opening and closing accounts, facilitating withdrawal / deposit / transfer transactions, and recommending optimal bank product and service solutions to meet client goals.
- Driving product sales through exceptional customer relationship building and management talents while demonstrating superior presentation, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Earning ongoing accolades from clients for unparalleled customer service skills.
With my experience in the banking industry, combined with my proven record of excellence in sales and my inherent communication and analytical skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service for USA National Bank. I look forward to discussing the position with you in detail.
Michelle S. Reynolds
The cover letter template pack on this page is for a bank teller with a wealth of experience. The candidate is seeking a managerial position with at a bank. The cover letter below has been written based on the professionally-written bank teller resume hosted on our website.
In a hurry? Our easy-to-use cover letter builder can help you create a persuasive cover letter in minutes.
The cover letters below are based on the bank teller resume sample on the left. Click on the image to get tips on how to write a resume that compliments your cover letter.
The bank teller cover letter below directly acknowledges specific points in the employer’s job description. For instance, the candidate uses targeted bullet points to demonstrate their ability to work without supervision. Use the following samples to help you format your own cover letter.
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. [Hiring Manager’s Name],
I’m thrilled to be applying for the open bank teller position at [Bank Name], which I saw your job posting on [Website Name]. The posting indicated that you’re looking for an experienced bank teller with excellent customer service and math skills, who will not require training. With over 10 years of experience as a bank teller, I’m pleased to say that I fit the bill perfectly.
Although my resume goes into more detail, allow me to show you three bullet points that I think reflect the needs of your bank, as outlined by your job description. Specifically, you mentioned needing an experienced bank teller that is efficient but detailed, and has the ability to work immediately without supervision. With that in mind, here are some of my relevant achievements:
- Process 25+ customer transactions per hour with extreme attention to detail
- Respond to customer account inquiries totaling 130+ weekly accounts
- Balance Automated Teller Machines, Teller Cash Dispensers, Teller Cash Recyclers, often totaling more than $100,000
Furthermore, as part of my current role at E&G Bank I have been trusted with training two bank tellers, one junior, and one senior. The senior teller will replace me in my current position within the month, which is when I will be moving to Arizona. I would love to have the opportunity to continue providing my services as a bank teller with [Bank Name], and demonstrate my value as an employee.
With my 10 years of bank teller experience and ability to train new employees, I firmly believe that I am the candidate you are looking for. I look forward to discussing this position with you in more detail. I will be able to satisfy any questions you have about my prior experience and demonstrate that I’ll be a valuable asset for your bank.