Dreamgirl: Noun; One’s ideal vision of a female companion.
“My dream girl would be a girl who has a sense of humor, likes country music, and doesn’t mind being a model for my photography. She would have a great personality while not being one of those high class girls that needs a lot of maintenance.”
“My dream girl does not live on this planet.”
“My dream girl consist of a pretty girl of course, who loves to laugh a lot. Has a sense of humor and doesn’t take life so serious. She would be athletic (take care of herself). Being spontaneous is a plus too.”
“When I see my dream girl I envision sunshine. Opening my eyes in the morning and seeing a radiant smile. I see a supportive best friend and someone I can rely on and be present for as well. I see someone who is full of life and passion. Someone who doesn’t get discourage during trying times and finds the good in everything. I see a woman that I can lock eyes with across the room and we can share the same thought without sharing a word. A woman of great virtues to pass onto our children. And a woman that I can sit next to when we’re older and laugh at all the great moments we shared throughout our years.”
“My idea of my dream has changed all through the years. When I was in high school it was the “popular” girl with the hottest body, just purely physical (immature I know). The more mature I’ve become, you realize that there is much more to a woman and I stress the word WOMAN. A man wants a woman in their life, not a girl. A woman is someone who has morals, cares for other people, and someone you can count on no matter what the circumstance. My idea of the perfect woman is someone with a great sense of humor, has great family values, strong willed/minded, has the same lifestyle and career goals as I do. Be able to talk and communicate on a very open level without being criticized. Most importantly, a positive attitude and makes the best of every situation with poise and determination.”
“I always thought I’d meet and marry someone who no matter what would always have my back as I hers. A couple is a union that has ups and downs. It’s the downs, which everyone goes through, that really defines a couple. I look at my mom and dad and no matter what the argument or hick up is, at the end of the day their love for each other and their common goals to foster a loving environment for their kids prevailed. I may be gullible to think that these relationships are unicorns; that they don’t exist. But I won’t stop believing.”
“My dream girl is a girl that accepts me for who I am, we don’t necessarily have to have everything in common, I actually prefer for us to have our own hobbies but be supportive of one another. Most importantly a strong personality that our relationship would be complimenting each other’s lifestyles more than dependent.”
“A smart with a college education, very nice and loving. Puts my needs before hers and will do anything to make me happy. Has a good moral background and has family values. Wants to have kids and a family. A girl who will always appreciate what I do for her no matter how little or big. About 5’2 115 pounds. Goes to the gym and stays fit. Has a toned body. Nice breasts like a c cup. Perfect white teeth and amazing smile. Loves to dress up and wear heels.”
“My “dream girl” is not a girl at all. She is a woman who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to approach a man that she finds attractive. Her confidence is clearly evident without being overly cocky. This woman needs to have ambition and motivation towards a goal she wants to achieve in her life. She is independent and can take care of herself but not shy about asking for help should she need it. She appreciates the little things that I do for her and is sensitive to that fact that a man needs her to lean on from time to time as well. Physical attraction is obviously important but certainly isn’t the deciding factor. Last but absolutely not least, LOYALTY and TRUST is a must. If I need to be concerned about what she’s doing while she says she’s out with her friends then that is a major turnoff. Likewise, I need to be able to have my time with my friends or even by myself without being interrogated about every detail in a hostile m anner. Respect, loyalty, trust and the ability to just simply enjoy each other’s company even if we are doing nothing but sitting at home alone is all I could ask for.”
“My dream girl is a woman that is devoted, loyal, understanding, caring, and not boring… I’m an easy guy to get along with. I want a women who is spontaneous and pretty much cool with doing things that I like, well, things we both like. I want a women that doesn’t mind staying in and cuddling watching a movie. Must like football!”
“My dream girl. I’m a brunette guy so let’s just get that out of the way. She has to be athletic as I’ve always been into athletics and never plan on stopping. She would be intelligent and be successful by herself because she’s worked hard to be. She would have an incredible sense of humor because let’s be honest, who wants to have to be serious all the time? I like a girl who doesn’t mind drinking a beer once in a while and can let loose with her friends or my friends as well without having to be the center of attention all the time. She’s gotta be happy to have my attention. Trust is a huge thing, and if something is wrong she would be able to communicate that. None of that silent treatment crap. I like someone who I can be adventurous with, someone who would want to experience the world with me. Lastly and fairly important, she has to look great without makeup. That may seem shallow, but no one wants to wake up next to a mons ter every morning!
My dream girl would have to be smart and have a job that she loves. Loves animals more of a country girl but when it was time to go out she looked amazing someone that both of us could just be our self’s around. A girl that likes hunting fishing boating and likes going away and relaxing. Wants a family and likes being with family on Sundays”
“Being a Dream Girl is never going to be about what you look like or how much you weigh. After all, our physical appearances are just reflections of our inner worlds. What makes you a Dream Girl is your emotional sensitivity, your self-awareness, and your ability to communicate who you are effectively and compassionately in the world.” ―Jennifer Elisabeth
Characteristics that a man should possess
First, let me start off by saying that I am in no way the authority of what a real man should be because I think that I possess every single one of these characteristics or values. Each and everyday I learn something new about myself, or even a new way of thinking.
One thing I have definitely learnt over the past year, is that life will humble you. It humbles all of us at one time or another, which is something that we either embrace, or we fight. If we resist, and we’re never humbled by ‘these moments’, we’ll never learn.
The first step we must take in becoming the man we are meant to be, is to realize exactly who we are, what our strengths and weaknesses are, and what we can offer the world. I’m not perfect. I’m terribly imperfect, and I’m reminded of it everyday, which allows me plenty of room for growth.
That being said, I’m pretty awesome, and you’re reading this blog, so you’re obviously pretty awesome as well 🙂 So, I’d love to hear what you have to say.
Leave any additions to this article in the comments section by answering this question: what characteristics does the ideal man possess?
20 Characteristics of a Real Man
1. A man treats women with respect. If you don’t respect women, you’re not a man. Period.
2. A man understands that greater happiness lies in helping others, not helping himself.
3. A man doesn’t stand still while the world passes him by, he continually pushes himself.
4. A man is a leader in at least one aspect of his life, whether this means his family, with his friends or just in general. But he can also follow. The world wouldn’t work if everyone was trying to lead in every aspect of life.
5. You can depend on a man. You can’t depend on a boy.
6. “You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself.” ~ Galileo Galilei
A man is proud, often to a fault. He doesn’t “change” but rather evolves. Ladies, don’t try and change your man, but let him evolve into the man he’s meant to be.
7. A man doesn’t need to be able to fight or to protect himself and his family physically. But it helps. He does however need to be willing to do whatever it takes to keep his family safe and happy.
8. A man lives for something; a purpose beyond his own personal gains. This can come with time, and with family. It doesn’t always happen right away.
9. “Many of the greatest accomplishments of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working.”
A man gets depressed, he gets sad, he thinks about quitting and folding, but he never does. He pushes through adversity.
10. “When a man points a finger at someone else, he should remember that four of his fingers are pointing at himself.” ~ Louis Nizer
A man has faults. It’s important to understand this.
11. A man can laugh at himself.
12. A man takes pride in how he looks and lives his life. He’s not ashamed by who he is, what he does or how he looks, even if he’s trying to change one of the aforementioned.
If you are, here’s a great resource to help you change that –> Click Here
13. “Young men want to be faithful, and are not; old men want to be faithless, and cannot.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Men learn what is truly important over time. If they’re lucky, they’ll have a sense of it early on.
14. “How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” ~ Oscar Wilde
If a man finds someone special, he doesn’t treat her like she’s everyone else.
15. A man has fears, but he isn’t ruled by them.
16. A man learns from his mistakes. Although he might take a few cracks at it.
17. A man does what is necessary. Even if it’s the hardest decision, or the most unpopular one.
18. A man can appreciate the greatness that is ‘The Gladiator’.
19. A man thrives on competition.
20. “For a man to achieve all that is expected of him, he must regard himself greater than he is.” ~ Johann Wolfgang
What characteristics would you find in the ideal man?